Print Makes a Great First Impression
Let’s just say it simply. People love print.
Sure, maybe we’re a little biased, but the statistics back us up. Try these on for size:
- 81% of people prefer to read on paper. A Two Sides study indicates that this preference spans all age groups. Respondents also indicated a belief that more information was retained when reading print on paper.
- A neuromarketing study by Canada Post and True Impact confirmed higher information retention for print – 21% higher than digital media. Print is more memorable than digital messaging.
- Younger generations prefer and value print. Pew Research Center’s survey on reading indicates that young adults (18 – 29) are more likely to read print books than digital. 72% have read a print book in the past year.
Why is Print so Appealing?
Print makes a multi-sensory impression. The combination of visual appeal and touch is powerful. We’re drawn to an elegant design and the image is reinforced by the touch and texture of soft paper. Print conveys a sense of tangible value to the reader.
There’s another important reason why people value and appreciate print. It’s just convenient. Print on paper is portable. You don’t need wifi access to turn it on. You can share a book or a magazine. Postcards get stuck to the refrigerator.
Build Your Brand
The appeal of print makes it a natural choice for marketers. Even with the multiplication of digital communications channels, the return on investment from print remains very high. That’s why companies continue to select direct mail and print collateral as key components of their marketing program.
There’s no better way to build a brand image than with print.
A Thousand Ways to Use Print
There are literally thousands of application for print. In fact, there are so many possibilities that even printers haven’t imagined them all. South City Print has worked with our Charlotte area customers on tens of thousands of projects since our inception in 1988, and we’ve had the wonderful experience of doing something new every day.
Read below to learn more about print and the services that South City Print offers to customers like you:
Print on Demand
The days of long lead times are long gone. Today’s digital printing technology provides practical and economic benefits for smart marketers that choose print as a major component of their communications effort. You can think about print on demand as “right-size” printing. The concept is simple – get what you need, when you need it.
Here are the advantages:
- It’s quick – South City Print can print short runs of 100 or more brochures, sell sheets, or rack cards, usually within 24 hours lead time.
- It’s cost effective – there’s no need to keep large print inventories that become outdated before they’re used.
- It’s customizable – Print on demand technology facilitates easy customization for the market segments you target. You can even personalize each piece for individuals you’d like to reach.
Digital Asset Management – It’s DAM convenient
The key to print on demand is digital asset management (DAM). South City Print can archive your digital files and enable a convenient online ordering system that allows your team to customize and purchase the products they need and provide shipment or delivery instructions.
DAM and Print on Demand are just a couple of the capabilities South City Print provides to make it easy for you to include print in your communications efforts. Just get in touch to find out more about how print on demand can make it easy for your organization to get what you need, when you need it.
We’re always happy to talk with you on the phone or stop by to discuss a project, but we realize that your time is valuable. There’s also a good chance that you don’t have enough of it. Here’s an idea that will save time and make the ordering process much easier. The print industry term is “web-to-print,” but it’s really just online ordering.
Here’s how online ordering works
South City Print can create an online portal at your request, an ordering site that includes all of the products that you frequently order. Orders for basic products work like any other online shopping cart that you’ve used, but there’s also the capability to customize products on the fly.
Our online ordering system includes interactive forms that enable address and information changes on business cards, letterhead, and envelopes. More elaborate customization is also possible to allow your team to make text or even photography changes on brochures or postcards. Proofing is online, so there are no additional steps in the process. Team members can even upload a mail list for postal processing and South City Print will handle the mailing.
The system is flexible. You control the basic look of each product, and South City Print will help to assure that brand standards are met. You can authorize users or approve individual orders and view reports of order activity. You can even set minimum inventory levels for automatic replenishment of frequently ordered products.
Want to get started?
Just get in touch with Clem Huffman at South City Print. We’ll set up a short meeting to provide you with more information and to discuss the items you’d like to include on your ordering site.
Why order print online?
- It’s Efficient – Online ordering reduces the time required for re-orders. End users can order the products they need.
- Fewer Errors – Proofing is accomplished online at the time of order.
- Consistency – South City Print produces or sources all of the product in your catalog. We’ll monitor color, design, and quality; assuring consistent products throughout your organization.
- Reporting and Cost Management – Order and shipment reports are readily available and inventories can be automatically replenished to preset levels.
When printers talk about offset printing, we’re referring to the traditional ink on paper printing process. Many printing companies have discarded their old-fashioned printing presses, but we’ve kept ours in production. Why? Because offset printing is still the best way to produce the printed products you use frequently – forms, letterhead, and envelopes are good examples. This tried and true printing process also provides economies of scale for items with a long shelf life. Offset printing provides a tangible benefit – low unit costs and high quality for longer print runs.
Our Objective is Your Objective – the Best Print Solutions
When you work with South City Print, you’ll quickly discover that we ask lots of questions. Our goal is to understand your goals (link to marketing plan?); including budgets, timetable, and how you’ll use the products we produce. We’ll suggest offset printing when lead times permit and when “right-size” printing means higher quantities. It’s still the most cost-effective option for one and two color runs longer than 2000 pieces and for full color print runs of 5,000 or more.
Is your organization selecting the best options for print? Get in touch with South City Print discuss economical options for the printed products you use every day.
When you think about digital technology, you probably don’t think about print. Your mental image probably has something to do with computer screens, the internet, or the cool app you just downloaded for your smartphone. Depending on your age and your perspective, the digital revolution of the past couple of decades has either made life much easier or much more complicated. For printers, it has revolutionized both product capabilities and the speed at which projects can be completed.
What are the benefits of digital of digital printing?
Printers tend to think about technology investments in terms of workflows and productivity, but for our customers the results are more tangible. Here are just a few of the benefits that our digital print capabilities provide to South City Print clients:
- Right Size Projects – Digital presses enable very short runs that just aren’t practical or affordable on traditional printing equipment. It’s possible to produce a single brochure, but quantities of 100 to 500 pieces are more typical. Even more complicated projects, like booklets or training manuals, can be run in small quantities.
- Quick response – Online ordering can enable instantaneous proof approval. We certainly appreciate longer lead times, but same day production isn’t uncommon for digital projects at South City Print.
- Affordable color – In the past, the cost and time required for full color printing made full color printing prohibitively expensive for most small organizations. Minimum quantities for a color press run usually started at 5,000 and typical lead times were 5 – 10 working days. With digital technology, runs of 100 or 500 full color flyers, postcards, or booklets can be produced in a day at prices that even the smallest businesses can afford. It’s even possible to produce full color envelopes (link to modal box), customized for a specific marketing project or event promotion.
- Customization and Personalization – Our digital presses enable us to easily merge data into a print run. This means that every piece can be unique. Postcards and direct mailers can be addressed as they are printed. More complex variable data projects can produce different versions of a booklet or brochure within a single print run or even create personalized documents with images and copy that is selected specifically for the recipient.
Are you taking advantage of digital print?
Over the last few years, South City Print has made a significant investment in digital technology with one goal in mind. We wanted to make it easy for customers like you to benefit from the advantages of lower print inventory costs and the ability to source the printed products you need, when you need them.
Are you taking full advantage of today’s digital print capabilities? Take the time to talk with South City Print about digital print possibilities. It could mean significant savings and the ability to use print to market your business in ways you haven’t even imagined.
Something Very New: Digital Envelope Printing . . .
Wide Format Printing
Big print makes a big impression! Whether it’s a poster, a banner, or a simple sign, there’s no better way to get your message across to the people you want to reach. South City Print can help you design and produce big print that makes an impact.
In printing jargon, big print falls into the category of wide format printing. South City Print produces a broad array of printed products to help our clients communicate in a big way. Here are just a few:
- Interior and exterior banners
- Event Posters
- Point-of-purchase displays
- Presentation boards
- Retractable banners and trade show displays
- Laminated Floor Graphics
- And much more . . .
Big print is an effective medium, and there’s a lot you can do with it. South City Print can produce posters and signage on a wide variety of media including adhesives and vinyl. Additional services include mounting on a variety of substrates and laminating for applications that require long-term durability.
A Word About Design
There’s nothing complex about a banner or a poster. Your objective is simple – you want your message to be seen and understood. Effective design (link to marketing/design) is critical. It’s the most important reason that you should consider South City Print for your wide format projects.
Our design team understands the necessary ingredients that accomplish the basic goal of visibility – color, choice of fonts, and how to create the strong appeal that people notice, read, and remember. We’ll help you create large print products that attract attention and complement your brand and your image.
Does your business or organization need to stand out from the crowd? South City Print can help with stunning design and an array of creative options. Just give us a call to discuss your next project.